The Ottawa Office thanks constituents, friends and supporters who joined in advocating for peace in Sudan.
As part of our Christian life, advocacy takes many forms:
- praying for government officials
- writing letters to policymakers
- meeting with elected representatives
- raising awareness of issues through the media
- participating in public events
In the months leading up to the successful landmark referendum on January 9, 2011, we urged you to:
- Join in the 101 Days for Peace in Sudan prayer campaign
- Write to the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Lawrence Cannon, and to your Member of Parliament, asking that Canada do more to actively support the referendum process.